淘客熙熙

主题:【原创】英诗中译:Daily growing -- 华恩

共:💬13 🌺8
全看分页树展 · 主题
家园 【原创】英诗中译:Daily growing

这首英文歌非常凄美,是一个新寡女子的内心独白。

我有一个父亲新丧,又失去男友不久的女性朋友非常喜欢它。

每次听这首歌,都会很心疼。让我想起了大一选修音乐课时听到的歌德做词的 《魔王》。在那个故事里,描写一位父亲带着重病的孩子正在荒野里骑马狂奔,孩子说:“爸爸,我怕,我怕”,父亲说:“别怕,孩子,马上就要到了”;孩子说:“爸爸,我怕我怕,我看见一个黑色的魔王”,爸爸说,“别怕,孩子,那只是你的幻觉,你不会有事的。”终于到了家,爸爸如释重负,低头看怀里的孩子,已经死去了。

斯人已去。这种痛苦远非言语所能安慰。

中文部分为本人所译,网络上有其它版本的译词。或许会有相似的地方。观者请见谅。

The trees they grow high, the leaves they do grow green,

那些树正在长高,叶子都绿了。

Many is the time my true love I''''''''ve seen,

“多少次我见到我的真爱,

Many an hour I have watched him all alone,

多少次我见他独自一人,

He''''''''s young but he''''''''s daily growing.

他虽然还小但是每天都在长大。

Father, dear father, you''''''''ve done me great wrong,

爸爸啊,亲爱的爸爸,你犯了个大错,

You have married me to a boy who is too young,

你把我嫁给了一个小男孩,

I am twice twelve and he is but fourteen,

我已经24了,他才14啊,

He''''''''s young but he''''''''s daily growing.

他还年轻,不过他每天都在长大。”

Daughter, dear daughter, I''''''''ve done you no wrong,

“女儿啊,亲爱的女儿,我没有弄错,

I have married you to a great lord''''''''s son,

我把你嫁给的是一位伟人的儿子,

He will be a man for you when I am dead and gone,

当有一天我走了,他会成为一个真正的男人守护你。

He''''''''s young but he''''''''s daily growing

他虽然还小,不过他每天都在长大啊。”

Father, dear father, if you see fit,

“爸爸啊,亲爱的爸爸,要是你看中了,

We''''''''ll send him to college for another year yet,

那我们就送他去大学里再读一年书吧,

I''''''''ll tie a blue ribbon all around his head,

我要在他头上系一根蓝丝带,

To let the maidens know that he is married.

让那些在他周围的女孩都知道他已经结婚了。

One day I was looking over my father''''''''s castle wall,

有一天,我从我父亲城堡的墙上望过去,

I spied all the boys playing with a ball,

我看到男孩子们正在打球,

And my own true love was the flower of them all,

我的真爱,他好像香花畦,就在他们中间,

He''''''''s young but he''''''''s daily growing.

他虽然还小,不过他每天都在长大。”

And so early in the morning at the dawning of the day,

还是早上太阳未出的时候,

They went into a hayfield to have some sport and play,

他们去了一片干草地玩耍嬉戏,

And what they did there she never would declare,

至于他们都做了些什么,她永远都不会说的,

But she never more complained of his growing.

但是她永远都不会再抱怨他什么时候才能长大了。

At the age of fourteen he was a married man,

14岁时,他成了一个有妇之夫,

At the age of fifteen the father of my son,

15岁时,是我儿子的爸爸,

At the age of sixteen his grave it was green,

16岁时,他的坟墓已经长出了绿草青青,

And death had put an end to his growing.

死亡结束了他的成长。

I''''''''ll buy my love some flannel, I''''''''ll make my love a shroud,

“我要为我的爱人买一些法兰绒,包起他的身体,

With every stitch I put in it, the tears they will pour down,

每缝一针,眼泪就下来了,

With every stitch I put in it, how the tears they will flow,

每缝一针,不知道有多少泪要流,

Cruel fate has put an end to his growing.

残酷的命运终止了他的成长。”

关键词(Tags): #西文东译
全看分页树展 · 主题


有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河